Wednesday, October 26, 2005

thoughts and actions...

another year passes me by...another milestone to be crossed...a score and two years(all right, one day less) spent on this earth as a part of this experiment in futility called life...this unquenched thirst for knowledge grows more and more as you try to satiate it...why do we have the powers of logic and reasoning when our only seeming purpose in life is to survive and propagate?...this endless game of life and death continues...happy(???) birthday to me in advance...

*******************************

participated in my first quiz as an adult on saturday...got the third prize...
also attended a theatre workshop during the weekend...learned a little about the elements of theatre and art...also reconfirmed my belief in my knowledge of bangla...i can comprehend almost completely now though i still find it difficult to speak fluently...hope to learn the script soon...
felt really nice when a theatre professional told me to try and keep doing dramatics throughout my life...refuelled my passion for dramatics...
have been really busy with preparations for illumination and rangoli competition(a unique tradition at iit-kgp) as diwali comes near...
been reading a little of the 'holy bible'...being surprised by the fact that people still consider it to be THE TRUTH...not allegorical, but literal!?!

*******************************

"'Twas brillig and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
and the mome raths outgrabe.
"
- Lewis Carroll(from Jabberwocky in 'Through the looking glass')